Are you a local maker, creator, artist, crafter, artisan…then this is the creative space for you! We provide a platform to share your story and passion. Come and sell your quality handcrafted goods, test an idea or gain more exposure. We would love to help your small business grow and prosper.
Please read the below information carefully as this will answer most of your questions on how to join the market. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us via our contact page.
Dates for 2020:
2nd Saturday of the month from March to December
- 14 March
- 11 April (Easter long weekend)
- 9 May (Mother’s day weekend)
- 13 June (World Gin day)
- 11 July (French market)
- 8 August (Long weekend)
- 12 September (5th Birthday)
- 10 October
- 14 November (Xmas market)
- 12 December (Xmas market)
Stall fees for 2020:
- Size 2m x 2m – R200 (limited availability & restricted space – NOT suitable for a standard gazebo and will only fit 1 table)
- Size 3m x 3m – R350 (standard stall space)
- Size 3mx3m & shared with another trader – R450 (maximum 2 traders)
- Art exhibit – Basic set-up outside main market area: R100 + 10% of sales
Food & Drink stalls:
- Food (for consumption at the market) size 3m x 3m – R500
- Food trucks – Will be advised upon application
- Drinks (non-alcoholic) size 3m x 3m – R400
- Deli & Baked goods – R400
- Drinks (alcoholic) – Will be advised upon application
Also take note of the following:
- Additional stall fee of R50 if not paid on time (payment due latest the Monday before market date).
- If don’t have own table can hire a table initially at R80 per market (maximum 1 table per trader).
- No gazebos available for hire.
We have changed how we handle applications and we now use a form where you can express your interest to trade at the market as first point of contact.
If our interests match then we will be in touch via e-mail to provide an application form and our full terms & conditions. This can take up to a month as we do not review any expression of interests the week before or after a market date and effectively only look at possible new traders during middle 2 weeks between market dates.
We can unfortunately not reply to everyone expressing an interest to trade at the market. You will receive an automated confirmation of submission e-mail after you complete the expressing of interest form and this confirms that we did get your details.
We wish we could accommodate everyone at the market but we are unfortunately forced to be very selective of stalls due to the large number of applications we receive.
Please follow the below steps to determine if your product is eligible and to express your interest to trade.
Determine if you product is something that can be sold at the market?
- Proudly South African
- Produced locally
- High quality
- Professionally presented
- Value for money
- Imported products
- Reseller or agent products
- Service-based goods
- Offensive material
- Sold in chain stores
We also take into account the following when reviewing products:
- Number of traders already at market with similar product
- How many other traders there are in same category
Your products eligible? Then please indicate your interest to trade at the market by completing the following Expression of Interest form (click on button):
Please take note of the following when completing the above form….
- This is a non-binding expression of interest and not an application to trade.
- Sell your product to us. We look at lots of new traders every month and only select those that stand out to us – therefore the more detail you give, the better positioned we are to review your product.
- Be professional, the application form is a direct reflection of your brand and product.
- Please explain your product and the manufacturing process clearly.
Check your e-mail to see if you have received the e-mail confirming that we have received your submission. If you have then we have received your details and will be in touch if successful. We can unfortunately not reply to everyone expressing an interest to trade at the market.
If successful we will be in touch via e-mail to provide an application form and our full terms & conditions. This can take up to a month as we do not review any expression of interests the week before or after a market date and effectively only look at possible new traders during middle 2 weeks between market dates. The process is also something that we choose not to rush due to the many factors we consider when deciding about new traders to possibly join our market family.
Thank you for your interest in the market and becoming part of our family!