Find us under the trees in the Field & Study Park on the 2nd Saturday of month from March to December.
At our open-air market nestled along the Braamfontein spruit life is unhurried. Stroll underneath the trees through stalls that lure and inspire with local handcrafted goods. Then stay a while to enjoy a variety of food & beverages, live music and the relaxed atmosphere.
- Large free play area for children and various entertainment activities;
- Dogs are welcome but must please be on a short lease and by your side at all times;
- We do not have an ATM on site but have a central credit card payment facility at our market info table;
- The market is wheelchair friendly, please obtain information from parking attendants on arrival.
Remaining dates for 2019:
9 November (Xmas market)
7 December (Xmas market) (Please note this is a week earlier and not the normal 2nd Saturday of month)
Market is open from 10am to 3pm.
- Field & Study Park, corner of 14th street & Louise avenue, Parkmore, Johannesburg.
- GPS coordinates: -26.087046, 28.029305
- Search Field Market on Google Maps
From William Nicol drive take Mattie avenue (between Sandton drive and Republic road). Continue in Mattie avenue until you reach 14th street, turn left. Continue in 14th street to the bottom and turn right in Louise avenue. The Field & Study Park entrance is on your left. Follow the tar road until you reach entrance to parking (first field on left & entrance to field is on left).
- No entry fee, market is free for all.
- All ages welcome / Family Friendly
- Well-behaved dogs on a leash welcome (water points provided)
- Camping chairs / Picnic blankets welcome
- No alcohol served to u/18’s
- No ATM on site, cash accepted but preferred payment method is Snapscan (majority of traders) or credit card (selected traders)
A parking fee of R10 per car is charged at the main parking field and the net proceeds is donated to the Friends of the Field & Study to assist them with the maintenance and improvement of the park.
✔ Live acoustic music in main seating area
✔ Child friendly – Large free play area / Horse rides / Sand art / Ceramic painting / Free Nature scavenger hunt
✔ Curated stalls selling local & handmade products (no imported products allowed)
✔ Deli stalls
✔ Gourmet food & beverage stalls
✔ Craft Beer, Cocktails, Gin Bar, Wine, Bubbly & Liqueur
✔ Medic on site
✖ NO own food & snacks (Will be on sale at the venue)
✖ NO Alcohol (Will be on sale at the venue)
✖ NO Beverages (Will be on sale at the venue)
✖ NO cooler-boxes
✖ NO Gazebos/tents in market seating area
✖ NO Pets behaving badly and pets without leashes
✖ NO Weapons, firearms and Illegal substances
✖ Any items deemed by security or management to be dangerous or disruptive