Find us under the trees in the Field & Study Park
on the 2nd Saturday of the month
from March to December
At our open-air market nestled along the Braamfontein spruit life is unhurried. Stroll underneath the trees through stalls that lure and inspire with local handcrafted goods. Then stay a while to enjoy a variety of food & beverages, live music and the relaxed atmosphere.
Dates for 2020:
- 14 March
- 11 April (Easter long weekend)
- 9 May
- 13 June
- 11 July (French market)
- 8 August (Long weekend)
- 12 September
- 10 October
- 14 November (Xmas market)
- 12 December (Xmas market)
You can also sign up via this link to receive a reminder of market dates via e-mail: Get notified
Market is open from 10am to 3pm.
- Field & Study Park, corner of 14th street & Louise avenue, Parkmore, Johannesburg.
- GPS coordinates: -26.087046, 28.029305
- Search Field Market on Google Maps
From William Nicol drive take Mattie avenue (between Sandton drive and Republic road). Continue in Mattie avenue until you reach 14th street, turn left. Continue in 14th street to the bottom and turn right in Louise avenue. The Field & Study Park entrance is on your left. Follow the tar road until you reach entrance to parking (first field on left & entrance to field is on left).
- No entry fee, market is free for all.
- All ages welcome / Family Friendly
- Wheelchair friendly
- Well-behaved dogs on a leash welcome (water points provided)
- Camping chairs / Picnic blankets welcome
- No alcohol served to u/18’s
- No ATM on site, cash accepted but preferred payment method is Zapper & Snapscan (majority of traders) or credit card (selected traders + also have a central credit card payment facility available at our market info table)
- Please set Zapper up beforehand and then you can just snap and pay at the market. Follow this link for more details – Install Zapper
A parking fee of R10 per car is charged at the main parking field and the net proceeds is donated to the Friends of the Field & Study to assist them with the maintenance and improvement of the park.
✔ Live acoustic music in main seating area
✔ Child friendly – Large free play area / Horse rides / Sand art / Ceramic painting / Free Nature scavenger hunt
✔ Curated stalls selling local & handmade products (no imported products allowed)
✔ Deli stalls
✔ Gourmet food & beverage stalls
✔ Craft Beer, Cocktails, Gin Bar, Wine, Bubbly & Liqueur
✔ Medic on site
✖ NO own food & snacks (Will be on sale at the venue)
✖ NO Alcohol (Will be on sale at the venue)
✖ NO Beverages (Will be on sale at the venue)
✖ NO cooler-boxes
✖ NO Gazebos/tents in market seating area
✖ NO Pets behaving badly and pets without leashes
✖ NO Weapons, firearms and Illegal substances
✖ Any items deemed by security or management to be dangerous or disruptive