Find us under the trees in the Field & Study Park on the 2nd Saturday of month from March to December.
At our open-air market nestled along the Braamfontein spruit life is unhurried. Stroll underneath the trees through stalls that lure and inspire with local handcrafted goods. Then stay a while to enjoy a variety of food & beverages, live music and the relaxed atmosphere.
- Large free play area for children and various entertainment activities;
- Dogs are welcome but must please be on a short lease and by your side at all times;
- We do not have an ATM on site, please ensure that you bring sufficient cash or use Snapscan (majority of traders provide this cashless payment option, download and set it up on smart phone beforehand to save time);
- The market is wheelchair friendly, please obtain information from parking attendants on arrival.
Market is open from 10am to 3pm.
No entry fee, market is free for all.
A parking fee of R10 per car is charged at the main parking field and the net proceeds is donated to the Friends of the Field & Study to assist them with the maintenance and improvement of the park.
Dates for 2018:
* 10 March * 14 April * 12 May * 9 June * 14 July * 11 August * 8 September * 13 October * 10 November * 8 December (Xmas market) *
Field & Study Park, corner of 14th street & Louise avenue, Parkmore, Johannesburg.
From William Nicol drive take Mattie avenue (between Sandton drive and Republic road). Continue in Mattie avenue until you reach 14th street, turn left. Continue in Mattie avenue to the bottom and turn right in Louise avenue. The Field & Study Park entrance is on your left. Follow the tar road until you reach entrance to parking (first field on left & entrance to field is on left just before you reach the Recreation Centre).